You’re probably not fertile during your period, so it’s unlikely that you’ll get pregnant if you have unprotected sex, but don’t mess around with that. Use protection unless you’ve been tracking your cycle, and you know that you’re not in your fertile window. Sometimes periods fool us - you can even get some spotting during the very time that you’re ovulating (releasing eggs), so don’t assume that any blood is a true period.
But don’t forget - it is well known that a nice orgasm can calm down painful menstrual cramps.
Suggestions for period sex:
- Take a shower first if you’re worried about being “unclean”
- Sacrifice one towel to be your sex-towel, and put that down on the bed/table/counter-top/floor first.
- Use a condom to protect against STIs
- Use a barrier method or birth control to protect against pregnancy.
- Have sex in the shower
- Use a dental dam if you want some good ol’ fashioned oral sex.
- And have a lot of fun
Like, Really Need To Talk About
- The perceived safety versus the real dangers of certain menstruation hygiene products
- What you’re putting in your bodies and what it could mean
- Safe practices during menstruation
- Any and all period talk, as women and men who menstruate need to be able to break through the stigma that the body when it menstruates is somehow dirty, or gross; unclean and unworthy of conversation. This stigma is categorically destructive.
- But really, please look at what you’re putting in your body. There are hygiene products on the market which are, in fact, incredibly dangerous.
I’m sorry but that is an outright lie
Ask anyone with a mooncup or a diva cup or something. That crap fills PAST the brim at night, almost every night (I’m talking maybe 6-7 hours sleep) and it needs emptying like 4 or 5 times in the first 2 days
And they can probably hold a tablespoon of blood.
So you are WRONG and I have no freaking idea where this information even comes from because it’s the biggest bullcrap regarding periods I’ve ever hears and it makes me so angry.
Also I saw a woman holding up a massive JAR of menstrual blood once with a comment like “4 tbsps my ass” because no
Wrong wrong wrong get out.
Either that or you’re not taking into account all the tissue thag comes out or something. In which case nobody carea how much actual blood comes out, what counts is how much stuff altogether does.